Clinical studies show Terpenes to decrease Anxiety.
Have you ever wondered where plants get their unique smell from? Or why does the aroma of different plants like Cannabis differ from each other? It is the presence of Terpenes in Cannabis that gives it the pungent, sweet, or even fruity fragrance. Did you know this aroma made by Terpenes affects your anxiety?
History of Terpenes
Terpenes are an extremely diverse and volatile group of hydrocarbons. They are present in majority of plants. There are over 2,000 different types of Terpenes that you can find in plants. Cannabis plants contains over 100 Terpenes. They are produced in the Cannabis glands that also make CBD and THC . The purpose of Terpenes in the Cannabis plant is to keep the predators at bay by repelling them. These are the oils that make your cannabis strain to have a distinctive smell like pine, berry, mint, or citrus.
THC and CBD have made themselves a household name, it’s time for Terpenes to get the same respect. These compounds exist in all your favorite plants, fruits and vegetables. With the increase in Cannabis research, customers are searching for Terpenes five times more.
Importance of Terpenes for Anxiety
Terpenes play a major role in giving plants a fragrance. They are responsible for giving a citrusy smell to oranges or the fresh aroma to pine trees. In addition to smell, Terpenes create the anti-anxiety effect found in Lavender. Cannabinoids do make Cannabis a healing plant. Terpenes do a significant load of the work here.
The healing properties of Cannabis increase when the compounds Cannabinoid and Terpenes work together. Consuming flower and full spectrum oils, resins, edibles a know Cannabinoids and Terpenes work wonders together. Scientists call it the ‘Entourage Effect,’ the real work that they perform is quite simple.
Benefits of Terpenes with Cannabinoids
Terpenes work as an ally to Cannabinoids. The first thing they do is ensure that the Cannabinoids travel much faster to the affected area. They speed up the Cannabinoids delivery into your bloodstream, giving you instant and intense effects.
Research shows CBD combined with Terpene to preserve long term memory. We like to combine the Terpene profile of our Herbal Blends with THC and CBD dominant flower to accomplish both aforementioned affects.
Benefits of Terpenes for Plants
Like our immune system, Terpenes provide immunity to plants. The primary aim of Terpenes in a plant is to protect it. They are the defense mechanism that can keep all infections and pests from doing any harm.
Terpenes act like a sun-block on the plant that might burn with over exposure from the Sun or grow lights.. They keep harmful UV rays away from the budding flower and fruiting bodies of the plant.
Choose Terpenes for Anxiety in your Herbal Blends
If you are planning to buy Herbal Blends, keeping the Terpene profile in mind can enhance your experience. Terpenes are the chemicals that determine the effect the herbal blend will have as a smoke or tea. Some terpenes help you get relief from pain, there are others that can reduce your anxiety.
Top 6 Terpenes for Anxiety
1. Myrcene: Myrcene is an prominent Terpene among hundreds of plants like Hops and Chamomile. Myrcene determines a Cannabis plant to be Indica or Sativa. If the content of myrcene goes beyond 0.5%, the plants are Sativa. Used for: Relaxation and treating inflammation.
Cannabis Strains high in Myrcene: White Widow, Special Kush, Skunk XL
2. Limonene: Limonene gives fruits like lemon, plant like Lemon Balm and Cannabis the citrus smell. It is the second-most abundant Terpene found in the plant kingdom. Used for: Curing infections, fungus, reducing stress.
Cannabis Strains high in Limonene: OG Kush, Sour Diesel, Super Lemon Haze, Pink Kush
3. Linalool: One of the most common types of terpene, you can find linalool in over 200 species of plants. It is its presence that gives cannabis a floral, spicy aroma and anti-anxiety properties. Used for: Treating anxiety, depression, and relieves stress
Cannabis Strains high in Linalool: Amnesia Haze, Special Kush, OG Shark
4. Humulene: Humulene is a unique terpene that you can find in mint, sage, cloves, hops, and cannabis. It works to help you get control of your weight by reducing your appetite. Used for: Decreasing appetite, curing bacterial infections
Cannabis Strains high in Humulene: Sour Diesel, Liberty haze, Girl Scout Cookies
5. Pinene: Apart from protecting the plants against parasites, pinene offers a plethora of benefits to humans as well. Alpha-pinene is an effective anti-inflammatory agent. Used for: Antiseptic, herbal medicines
Cannabis Strains high in Pinene: Blue Dream, Strawberry Cough
6. Caryophyllene: Caryophyllene gives cannabis the woody, spicy, and earthy scent. Caryophyllene is found in Cloves, Lavender, Hops and Black Pepper. Used for: Treating depression, anxiety
Cannabis Strains high in Caryophyllene: Rock Star, Super Silver Haze, Skywalker
With the recent legalization and popularity of Cannabis, Terpenes are getting their fair share of attention. It is giving researchers and users a chance to experience the smell, taste and health benefits of terpenes. Whether strains and DROPPING SEEDS blends you decide to use, always go for its reviews and compare them from the best online resources.
Herbal Blends with the Above Terpenes
FIRST TIME HERE? 10% CODE: YOUAREEARTH
Maple Wood Filters$2.75
Hemp Rolling Papers$3.75
Re-Usable Muslin Tea Bag$3.75
Tea Ball Infuser$3.75
Herbal Smoking Pipe$35.00
Herbal Spliff Roller$19.99
Herbal Tea Thermos$24.99
PEACE HERBAL Blend$10.00
CALM Herbal Blend$10.00
SLEEP Herbal Blend$10.00
RELAX Herbal Blend$10.00