This magical herb is not only among the most healing herbs of our planet, but is considered the queen of healing herbs.
Ancient civilizations used sage as the cure for almost all diseases. It had the status of a sacred plant and it was the symbol of fertility, good health and long life.
Benefits of Smoking Sage include, eases headaches, may enhances memory and cognitive function, can lift moods, combat depression, relieves congestion and stuffed nose and simply a great alternative to cigarette smoking.
Around the 10th century, Arab physicians believe sage extended life to the point of immortality. After the Crusades, this belief showed up in Europe where the saying : “Why should a man die who grows sage in his garden?” evolved. Charlemagne ordered sage grown in the medicinal herb gardens on his imperial farms and the French called the herb toute bonne, meaning all’s well.
There are more than nine species of sage that grow in America, all of which are legal and highly recommended for smoking, smudging, and drinking.
Benefits of Drinking Sage Tea:
- Reduces heavy menstruation
- Relieves cold and flu symptoms
- Treats candida overgrowth
- Treats staph and fungal infections
- Reduces fever
- Expels intestinal worms and parasites
- Cleanses toxins
- Beneficial during labor and after childbirth (uterine stimulant)
- Promotes liver and bladder health
Benefits of External Use:
- As a hair rinse stimulates growth and removes dandruff
- Reduced fever when applied to the body
- Treats eczema
- Hot poultices relieve migraines
Benefits of Sage Extract:
- Improves cognition and reduces agitation in Alzheimer’s patients
- Lowers fasting glucose in diabetics
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Rich in antioxidants, reduces cellular damage